In 2003 Kate appeared as reporter Bitsey Bloom in the film The Life of David Gale. I have added images from the film to our gallery.
Back in 2008 Kate starred opposite of Leonardo DiCaprio and was directed by Sam Mendes in the film Revolutionary Road. I have images from the film to our gallery.
Added some new stills from Kate’s film The Dressmaker.
Kate Winslet Web > 2015 | The Dressmaker > Production Stills
Marie Claire does a rapid-fire quiz with Kate that is featured in their January issue.
The Academy Award winner, who stars in this month’s drama Collateral Beauty, takes our rapid-fire quiz.
1. If I weren’t an actress, I’d be: Creating forest schools for children. The outdoors is such a crucial and special part of childhood, and I fear it is becoming harder and harder for children to access it.
2. Favorite perk of the job: Comfortable air travel.
3. Worst pitfall of the job: Family logistics.
4. Change I’d like to see in my industry: It would be incredible if acting lessons and performing-arts schools and colleges could be more readily available to people who are financially struggling. Acting is and should be for all.
5. How I made my first dollar: Selling sandwiches at a music festival.
6. Who I admire most and why: Single mothers everywhere. It’s obvious why.
7. Book that left a lasting impression on me: Lee Miller’s War, edited by Antony Penrose.
8. Song that always makes me cry: “Somewhere” from West Side Story.
9. Movie with the greatest ending: It’s a Wonderful Life.
10. Song I want played at my funeral: “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen. And don’t anyone forget that!
11. First album I bought: Aerosmith’s Greatest Hits. (I’m quite impressed with that!)
12. If I could live in a foreign country, it would be: New Zealand.
13. What every woman should try once in her lifetime: Champagne.
14. My perfect day would begin: All my children climbing into bed with me, followed by a long, lazy breakfast with great coffee. Followed by a long country walk. Followed by some ocean swimming.
15. My perfect day would end: With a lovely hot bath and a movie. And dinner that someone else has cooked for me! Because I am always cooking, it would be a nice change.
16. One thing I’m exceptionally good at: Forward-thinking and remembering dates.
17. One thing I’m epically bad at: Being on time.
18. If I could compete in an Olympics sport, I’d like it to be: Diving.
19. The beauty essential you’d have to pry out of my cold, dead hands: By Terry’s Baume de Rose. I’m obsessed.
20. The three qualities that I thought I wanted in a partner: Sense of humor, spontaneity, kindness.
21. The three qualities I know now matter: All of the above.
22. Craziest thing I did for love: I jumped out of a helicopter into the sea, where my husband [Ned Rocknroll] was waiting. We’d been apart for two weeks, and I couldn’t wait to get to him.
23. The three qualities that got me where I am today: The truth is, I have no idea. I hope one of them is determination though.
24. Moment I felt I’d made it: I’m sure that I’m never going to feel that way. I don’t ever want to stop striving to do better, so how an I feel like I’ve made it?
25. How I clear my mind after a crappy day: To be honest, I’m not very good at clearing my mind. I just go to bed instead.
26. My first kiss: A boy named Robin Savage. I think I was 14.
27. Advice to a woman with a broken heart: You are beautiful; it’s their loss. And Mr. Right is just around the corner.
28. Moment I knew I was in love: When I first saw [now-husband] Ned [Rocknroll].
29. Last thing I binge-watched: House.
Vanity Fair shares this fun article where Kate talks about working with Helen Mirren.
Winslet and Mirren just starred in a movie together. “We all wanted to make out with her,” was Winslet’s verdict from their time on set.
Helen Mirren has made a name for herself playing controlled women: monarchs, detectives, and even assassins. In real life, though, she’s the bawdy, fun, self-proclaimed “nastiest of nasty women,” who doles out life advice about drinking, Facebook (don’t use it if you really want to connect with friends), love, and blackjack. According to Kate Winslet, Mirren shares this advice and more with her cast mates when they’re shooting movies, and it makes everyone fall a bit in love with her.
Winslet and Mirren currently appear in Collateral Beauty, along with Keira Knightley and Will Smith. In a new interview with AARP The Magazine, Winslet gushes to author Robert Love about the experience of working with Dame Helen Mirren. It sounds, well, like a transcendent romp.
“You could sit and talk about anything with Helen, for hours. Anything from boobs to boys, work, to what we were going to drink at cocktail hour. And we would all sit and run our lines together. Which is all you ever hope for on set. She is everyone’s friend. And she is out-of-control sexy and beautiful! We all wanted to make out with her.”
Winslet neither confirms nor denies if anyone did get to make out with Mirren, as the AARP story segues into a discussion of Mirren’s marriage to director Taylor Hackford. As with most things in life, the actress has a pretty unique take on marriage, not having tied the knot until she was 52.
“I always said I have nothing against marriage; it just wasn’t to my taste, like turnips. It took me a very long time to come round to acquiring the taste. I just had to meet the right turnip . . . We got married in the end because we realized we were going to be together forever.”
“You just have to meet the right turnip” is definitely being optioned into a romantic comedy, self-help book, and dating app as we speak. Mirren can read the audiobook to get the Grammy for her EGOT.